Friday 30 November 2012

Yummy Turkey Curry!

I have to admit, I am not naturally gifted with skills in the kitchen however since coming to Uni, I've learnt so much! I have started experimenting and creating simple and cheap dinners that are perfect for us students...

Mum has always taught me from her amazing cooking skills however I have always found it hard to pick up..

The following recipe is a very basic curry recipe from mum. She taught me using Prawns however the other day when I was looking for something to cook, I thought of this but instead using turkey breast.

I always prefer turkey breasts as they are cheaper and healthier (supposedly)! This recipe is also fab for cooking in bulk and freezing so saves you cooker the next day/following week!

So here is go.. my very simple turkey curry...(for 1)

Ingredients
- Turkey Breast
- Patak's Mild Curry Paste
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 150ml vegetable stock
- Tomato (chopped up)

Method
- Cut the turkey breast into small chunks and fry in oil for a few minutes until cooked (I use the oil spray as its only a few calories which is amazing!)
- Once cooked, remove from pan. Fry the onions off until clear and add garlic.
- Add one table spoon of curry paste (or more if you like it spicier)
- Mix well before adding the stock
- Add turkey back to pan and leave to simmer for around 15 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Before removing from the heat, add the tomatos in and allow to warm through before serving the curry with rice. (I usually use brown as a healthier option).






No comments:

Post a Comment