Friday 1 February 2013

It's taken me 20 years...

So it's taken me 20 years to realise that not everyone is going to be your friend; you just can't please everyone!

I'm sorry to say, I a major people-pleaser, always worrying about how others perceive me rather then focusing on just liking myself. Insecurity has always been my climbing wall in life; Just when I think I'm climbing to the top, I get knocked back down again. I'm not entirely sure the reasons behind my insecurity, as I was never bullied and luckily I've always had a good group of friends and family around me. But growing up in a decade completely obsessed with the fat/thin, fake/real and tanned/pale dilemmas, every girl is bound to have her insecurities.

But anyway back to topic. My insecurities have made me so persistent to be liked by everyone! I was always the person trying to friends with the 'cool kids' back in school which as a result made my forget about the ones who were true friends. Coming to University has made me realize that every one is different and not every pair or personalities match!

It's made me thankful for those that are there for me. Even at Uni, when I am part of a group that I am nothing like, I have my individuality which fits so well and makes me closer to the girls! However being around a particular  person in the last year has highlighted that I can't ge along with everyone.

I have tried and tried to be as nice as I can to a so-called 'friend' but when you are consistanly let down, it wears you thin after a while and I lose patience. I've spent the last year working so hard to ensure our friendship remained but after getting no 'friend' in return, it's taught me to not let myself be 'used' and just move on. 

I'm moving on from people who don't show respect in return. I am not saying I won't be there, because I will; at the end of the day I'm still a reliable person and a friend. My tolerance levels just won't be as extensive as before.

I am blessed to have the most amazing friends and 'acquaintances' and the last year has verified those that I plan to hold on to and those that I can slowly walk away from...

A bit of a deep blog post tonight but I feel it was needed! 

Much Love

SGIC <3

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Would love to know you. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete